If your donor mare is not inseminated by our team, you need to reserve a carrier mare in time. For this, it is important that you know the exact time of ovulation and it is best to reserve a carrier mare on the same day.
Option 1: Embryo flushing by our team
- Once you know the time of ovulation, contact for reservation of a carrier mare.
- An exact date and time will be agreed upon. All embryo transfers are performed between 9 am and 1 pm.
- You sign in 10 min in advance that day, provide us with billing information and the donor mare's original passport along with a health declaration.
- The procedure takes 30 to 45 min.
- Afterwards, your donor mare will be injected with prostaglandines to return in heat.
Option 2: Embryo flushing by your own veterinarian
- The donor mare was tested with negative results for Equine Infectious Anemia and Contagious Endometritis (2 tests PCR).
- You provide us with lab results that are not older than 90 days.
- You contact us the day of ovulation to reserve a carrier mare.
- Once the embryo flushing is done, you inform us the result.
- Embryos must be at Hof Ter Leeuwe no later than 1 p.m. that day along with an accompanying document. Embryos without an accompanying document will not be accepted.
Option 3: No timely reservation of carrier mare, but you wish to have the embryo transplanted by us.
In this case, you may optain to freeze the embryo. Depending on the size of the embryo, the most appropriate method will be chosen. The embryo will be thawed at a later time and transferred to a carrier mare. Please note that freezing the embryo may reduce the pregnancy rate by up to 10%.